day 06: favourite non-romatic pairing: Willow & Giles
get to know me meme: 5 favourite male characters
→felix dawkins, orphan black [3/5]
giveaway (4/11) ♒
Sterek Marvel AU - Second Installment: badassbilinski
How do you tell your best friend that you’re the town’s superhero? Trick question: you don’t.
How do you tell your best friend that you almost helped a stranger (who would soon become your partner in every sense of the word) kill the man who murdered your mother, the man who murdered his family? Trick question: you don’t.
With great power comes great responsibility. And with that responsibility acting as a heavy weight on your shoulders - you have to keep secrets.
Deputy says to the Sheriff of a small town: You heard about those kids saving the world together? Gotta be tough, huh? Hiding like they do?
The Sheriff says: At least they don’t have to hide from each other.
Hi I’m Dylan O’brien and I’m on the set of my Teen Vogue shoot for september issue *
- You own a car shop and you drive this?
- Hey, don’t insult Roscoe! Besides, I am not compensating for a small dick.
- You think my dick is small?
- Judging by your flashy muscle car…
- How about you judge it based on what’s actually inside my underwear?
Sterek AU: There are exactly two cars shops in Beacon Hills. One belongs to Derek Hale, the other to Stiles Stilinski. They hate each other.
The way his hand cups Kurt’s neck and face and I am done.
Racial bias in America: from higher suspension rates in preschool, to disproportionate rates of capital punishment, to everything in between, structures of authority routinely allow anti-Black racial bias to color the “facts”, and warp the narrative. And frequently (whether unintentional or otherwise) the police and the media often work together to further criminalize innocent Black victims
1. Criminalizing Blackness in America
2. 14-year-old Tremaine McMillian attacked and choked by police, literally while holding a puppy…because McMillian made them “feel threatened” and gave them “dehumanizing stares”
3. Author and CNN contributor keithboykin: how the AP slandered Renisha McBride even in death
4. The Associated Press: when can skin color alone determine who is and who isn’t a looter? (hint: don’t be Black)
This implicit racial bias does not magically stop at innocuous events like the VMAs, or in Hollywood. So far, it doesn’t ever turn off. There are two Americas and racial bias is as ubiquitous as the air we breathe